At first, you need to run "update pool from resource" (like you've already done)
Then, from "volume parameters" choose "update all volumes from pool" (or "all
volumes from all pools", if you prefer so / have edited several pools)

  "vishal veerkar" <vishalveer...@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
  I have tried the steps on test bed and found that it only applies to Pool
resource. The Volume retention was same as previous.

  Update choice:
       1: Volume parameters
       2: Pool from resource
       3: Slots from autochanger
       4: Long term statistics
  Choose catalog item to update (1-4): 2
  The defined Pool resources are:
       2: Pool_8
  Select Pool resource (1-2): 2

  Cross verified and it showed the changes:
  *llist Pool
            PoolId: 2
              Name: Pool_8
           NumVols: 1
           MaxVols: 18
           UseOnce: 0
        UseCatalog: 1
   AcceptAnyVolume: 0
      VolRetention: 1,036,800   <<<<it has been changed from 10days to 12 days
    VolUseDuration: 0
        MaxVolJobs: 0
       MaxVolBytes: 32,212,254,720
         AutoPrune: 1
           Recycle: 1
          PoolType: Backup
       LabelFormat: Vol
           Enabled: 1
     ScratchPoolId: 0
     RecyclePoolId: 0
         LabelType: 0

  After that i have checked the volume status

  Choose a query (1-21): 6
  Enter Volume name: VT001

+------+---------------+------------------+-----------+---------+--------------+----------------+------------+-------------+
  | Slot | MaxVolBytes   | VolCapacityBytes | VolStatus | Recycle |
VolRetention | VolUseDuration | MaxVolJobs | MaxVolFiles |

+------+---------------+------------------+-----------+---------+--------------+----------------+------------+-------------+
  |    0 | 1,024,000,000 |                0 | Append    |       1 |
864,000 |              0 |          0 |           0 |

+------+---------------+------------------+-----------+---------+--------------+----------------+------------+-------------+

  Then i rerun the update
  -----------------------------------
  update
  Update choice:
       1: Volume parameters
       2: Pool from resource
       3: Slots from autochanger
       4: Long term statistics
  Choose catalog item to update (1-4): 1

  Parameters to modify:
       1: Volume Status
       2: Volume Retention Period
       3: Volume Use Duration
       4: Maximum Volume Jobs

  Select parameter to modify (1-17): 2
  Defined Pools:
       2: Pool_8

  Select the Pool (1-2): 2
  Enter *MediaId or Volume name: VT001
  Updating Volume "VT001"
  Current retention period is: 10 days      <<<< Still its showing the old value
  Enter Volume Retention period: 12 days
  New retention period is: 12 days

  *llist Volume
  Pool: Default
  No results to list.
  Pool: Pool_8
            MediaId: 1
         VolumeName: VT001
               Slot: 0
             PoolId: 2
          MediaType: File
       FirstWritten: 2009-11-25 00:09:35
        LastWritten: 2009-12-03 23:10:02
          LabelDate: 2009-11-25 00:09:35
            VolJobs: 14
           VolFiles: 0
          VolBlocks: 13,389
          VolMounts: 14
           VolBytes: 863,310,025
          VolErrors: 0
          VolWrites: 13,390
   VolCapacityBytes: 0
          VolStatus: Append
            Enabled: 1
            Recycle: 1
       VolRetention: 1,036,800    <<<<< Now it has changed.

  So is there any other way where it can apply setting to all Volumes rather
going to individuals.

  Regards,

  Vishal Veerkar

  On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM, John Drescher <dresche...@gmail.com> wrote:

    2009/12/15 vishal veerkar <vishalveer...@gmail.com>:

    > Hi Timo.
    >

    > Thanks for  quick response.
    >
    > Yes, the problem occurred because initial retention was changed and these
    > volumes were present from start and hence using the same old config. After
    > goggling i came to know that whenever retention is configured, the first
    > volume created is used as prototype for the next volumes and hence
inherits
    > the same characteristics.
    >
    > For resolving the problem i have gone to bat and manually edited all the
    > problematic volumes and set the retention to new configuration policy and
    > think this will resolve my problem.

    If anyone else has this problem. There is a much easier solution.

    Open a bacula console window

    update

    then select "Pool from resource"

    and follow the menus.