On 04/25/10 10:23, Holger Rauch wrote:
> Hi Avi,
>
> first of all, thanks for your reply.
>
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Avi Rozen wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The "where" directory points to a path at the restore client machine,
>> i.e. I believe that the files were restored to /backup/restores on the
>> QNAP. I'm also guessing that the NFS mounted /backup/restores directory
>> does not point to that remote directory (or is not mounted at all...)
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I will check that ASAP. Is there any chance to
> have the where directive point to a different host instead of the client?

Well, not the "where"; that's the path *on* the restore client.  But you
can restore *to* any client target.  (With the proviso that you cannot
restore win32 streams to a non-win32 host unless saved in 'portable'
format.)  Use the job parameter to select which client's backup you're
restoring from; use the client parameter to select which client to
restore files to; use the where parameter to specify where on that
client to restore to.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.