On 04/05/11 12:57, Kernel Panic wrote:
> Hello, yes I am using MySQL 5.5. As you advised I changed the
> following code in the make_mysql_tables script:
>
> CREATE TABLE Counters (
>   Counter TINYBLOB NOT NULL,
>   MinValue INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>  `MaxValue` INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>   CurrentValue INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>   WrapCounter TINYBLOB NOT NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY (Counter(128))
>   );
>
> However running the script now gives a slightly different but similar
> error message:
>
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 316: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> right syntax to use near 'INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>    CurrentValue INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>    WrapCounter TINYBLOB NO' at line 4

Oh, right, this is being done in a shell script as a here document,
isn't it...?

` is a shell metacharacter.  You'll have to escape those with a backslash:

   \`MaxValue\` INTEGER ...

In the long term, this field should really be renamed.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.