2011/5/18 Pablo Marques <pmarq...@miamilinux.net>

> When you do a Base backup, you need to do a FULL immediately after,
> because the BASE backup is a "special" backup and you cannot restore only
> from it.
>
> From then on you can do Incrementals, Fulls or Differentials.
>
> All the FULL backups that you will run after that fist FULL are going to be
> very small,
> so you should only need to have the laptop on Gig on your first BASE
> backup.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pablo

Hello !

That's an interesting point ! I did not understand when read the
documentation that a full is necessary after a base job. I though a base
replaces a full.
For me the interesting point of a base job was that you can do a base job of
a "template" server, and then backup n servers directly without having n
full backups to do. Writing that, I now understand better the concept of
base jobs, all the n full would contain pointers on the base jobs. Are there
any informations in the log file that prove the first full after a base job
is effectively using the base job ?
Something like "running 'client-bkp job' based on 'based-job' " ?

So for my problem, I should try to do a floating IP between the 2 interface
- GiB and wifi - and do the backup on this interface: if the LAN cable is
connected, backup goes through the LAN, if there is only the wifi it would
use it. I think I can do that with a piece of script.  eth0 would be
"client-lan", wlan0 "client-wlan" and the backup interface would be
"client-bkp" pointing on "eth0:0" if cable is connected or "wlan0:0".

Thanks for your help !

JC