Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz <at> oss.schwarz.eu> writes:

> > First of all sqlite is just a proof of concept and should not be
> > used for production use a proper database like mysql or postgresql.
>
> I feared as much. I like sqlite for "simple databases" (and I figured Bacula's
> DB would be one of those) as it is completely maintenance-free. Well, I
> switched to PostgreSQL 8.4 now.
Still a seriously old postgresql version but better then sqlite. There is
nothing wrong with Sqlite but it just not very good in bacula for having lots
of files.

> Still a full backup after a base backup does not work for me... With Postgres
> it's a bit different though:
> I see that the fd sends some data back but after some minutes the fd goes
> somehow into "idle":
>  - backup is still running according to bconsole (for dir+sd+fd)
>  - almost no CPU/IO on dir/sd/fd anymore
>
> strace on the client (Bacula 5.2.11 on Fedora 17) shows that it just does some
> writes until it fails with EAGAIN and then waits in a select again. The client
> doesn't seem to recover.

strace is about the worst way of determining what is going on. If you really
want to know what is going on I would say run the fd/sd/dir with a -f -d 100
to debug it.

Marco