Hi Tim! Hi Iban!

Maybe the problem is in using "TLS Verify Peer = yes" with self-signed
certificates. I found in
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Bacula_TLS_Communication.html
:

*TLS Verify Peer = <yes|no>*Verify peer certificate. Instructs server to
request and verify the client's x509 certificate. Any client certificate
signed by a known-CA will be accepted unless the TLS Allowed CN
configuration directive is used, in which case the client certificate must
correspond to the Allowed Common Name specified. This directive is valid
only for a server and not in a client context.

*bacula-sd.conf*

Storage {                             # definition of myself

# Peer certificate is not required/requested -- peer validity
     # is verified by the storage connection cookie provided to the
     # File Daemon by the director.
     TLS Verify Peer = no

}

A time ago I configured a test environment with TLS and I remember
using "TLS Verify Peer = no" because of the self-signed certificates.

I think you can use "TLS Verify Peer = yes"  combined with:

*TLS Allowed CN = <string list>*

Common name attribute of allowed peer certificates. If this directive is
specified, all server certificates will be verified against this list. This
can be used to ensure that only the CA-approved Director may connect. This
directive may be specified more than once.

Best regards,
Ana