> On Nov 8, 2014, at 7:28 PM, Dan Langille <d...@langille.org
> <mailto:d...@langille.org>> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 4, 2014, at 6:55 AM, Andrey Chebotarev <a...@525.su
>> <mailto:a...@525.su>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys.
>>>
>>> I use bacula 5.2.13 with IBM TS3200 library.
>>>
>>> Periodically I face problem with load slot time out. In logs it looks lilke:
>>>
>>> 22-Sep 00:35 baculasrv-dir JobId 10471: Recycled volume "220AAAL6"
>>> 22-Sep 00:35 baculasrv-sd JobId 10471: 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot
>>> 1, drive 1" command.
>>> 22-Sep 00:40 baculasrv-sd JobId 10471: Fatal error: 3992 Bad autochanger
>>> "load slot 1, drive 1": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination.
>>> Results=Program killed by Bacula (timeout)
>>> 22-Sep 00:32 sqcompose-fd JobId 10471: Fatal error: backup.c:1019 Network
>>> send error to SD.
>>>
>>> As I understood, bacula tries to load slot for 5 minutes and if it's not
>>> successful stops job.
>>> I started investigation why bacula sometimes doesn't manage to load slot in
>>> 5 minutes and find out library stops responding to commands and starts
>>> cleaning drive procedure which takes more than 5 minutes(Library was
>>> configured to clean drive automatically)
>>>
>>> So how can I solve the problem?
>>> I've found place in mtx-changer script where declared 300 seconds to wait.
>>> I've increased it value to 1800 seconds. Is it only place or I have to
>>> change somthing else in sources?
>>

>> Hi everybody.
>> Increasing timeout in mtx-changer script hasn't helped, I have the same
>> issue. Where in sources I can increase timeout to 30 minutes?
>
> I don’t see why this is on devel  It should be on users, which is cc’d here.

Have you ensured everything is correct with the permissions etc?

Five minutes to load a tape is way too long for something which succeeds.  My
hypothesis: there is a problem with the process.

Configuring an autochanger has many places where it can go astray.

I documented some of the pitfalls here:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/tape-library.php
<http://www.freebsddiary.org/tape-library.php>

And more of the odd stuff here: