----- Mensagem original -----

De: "Michael Schwager" <mschwa...@mochotrading.com>
Para: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 24 de novembro de 2014 17:27:00
Assunto: [Bacula-users] How Bacula Chooses a tape in the pool to write to

Hello,
I noticed that Bacula seems to be writing to tapes in a way that I don't
understand. If there are two tapes in an autochanger and they are in the same
pool, bacula writes to them both. I would expect it to fill a tape and then
start on the next one.

For example, we have:

Pool: Tape
+---------+------------+-----------+---------+-----------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+

| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes | VolFiles |
VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType | LastWritten |
+---------+------------+-----------+---------+-----------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+

| 16 | EPW680L3 | Full | 1 | 682,622,760,960 | 198 | 31,536,000 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
LTO-3 | 2014-11-15 11:45:33 |
| 17 | EPW681L3 | Append | 1 | 75,587,355,648 | 22 | 31,536,000 | 0 | 7 | 1 |
LTO-3 | 2014-11-18 09:40:27 |
| 23 | EPW682L3 | Append | 1 | 194,428,523,520 | 56 | 31,536,000 | 0 | 6 | 1 |
LTO-3 | 2014-11-23 00:03:19 |
+---------+------------+-----------+---------+-----------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+

If the tape could hold up to 680 G or so, why has it written 75G to one
Appendable tape, and 194G to the other?

Thanks.

- Mike Schwager
Linux Network Engineer, Mocho Trading LLC
312-646-4783 Phone 312-637-0011 Cell 312-957-9804 Fax

This message is for the named person(s) use only. It may contain confidential
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient. Mocho Trading LLC reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.