Hi,

I have done some reading on bacula 7 and the 5.2.13 version in centos base. I
have decided to upgrade to centos7 and use the 5.2.13 version and not go to 7
just yet. (sorry for changing my mind L)

The reason for this is that centos7 has the version 5.2.13 in base.

My plan therefore is:

1.       Build a centos 7 server and install bacula from base i.e. 5.2.13 and
mariadb

2.       Take a mysql dump of the old server’s bacula database. Mysqldump –u
root –p bacula > bacula.sql

3.       Copy /etc/bacula directory over to the new server

4.       Restore mysql dump onto new server

5.       Run /usr/libexec/bacula/update_mysql_tables on the new server

6.       Start bacula daemons

On the current server I have volumes under /home/bacula. Shall I also take
these over, for historic restores, should I need them? Or shall I leave them
and can restore from the old version if I need to?

Is this a good plan for migrating to a new server and  upgrading from 5.0.0 to
5.2.13?

Thanks all for all your help with this :D

Regards

WaqarK