Maybe someone would be interesting. I made test with stunnel yesterday and
got the following result

stunnel (data channel encryption)
Compression: LZO
Time: 08:06:38
Size: 653.04 GB
Files: 11,288,747
Speed: 22.90 MB/s
Compression: 0.21

No TLS
Compression: LZO
Time: 07:56:38
Size: 653.04 GB
Files: 11,288,747
Speed: 23.38 MB/s
Compression: 0.21

As you can see the results almost the same.