On 10/24/2016 04:15 PM, Josh Fisher wrote:

... snipped ...

Yes, this is more or less what I've been doing up until now. The good
news is, it seems I don't have to anymore. Here's what I have working now:

corosync/pacemaker cluster with node A @ 1.2.3.4, node B @ 1.2.3.5, and
cluster ip @ 1.2.3.1, shared storage mounted a /raid on the active node.

node A bacula-fd.conf:
FileDaemon {
  name = nodea-fd
}

node B bacula-fd.conf:
FileDaemon {
  name = nodeb-fd
}

bacula-dir config:

Client {
  name = nodea-fd
  address = 1.2.3.4
}
Client {
  name = nodeb-fd
  address = 1.2.3.5
}
Client {
  name = cluster-fd
  address = 1.2.3.1
}
Job {
  name = nodea-etc
  client = nodea-fd
  fileset = etc
}
Job {
  name = nodeb-etc
  client = nodeb-fd
  fileset = etc
}
Job {
  name = cluster-raid
  client = cluster-fd
  fileset = raid
}

-- and it's happily spooling the 21GB /raid right now.

What seems to be happening is bacula is connecting to the cluster
address (checked with lsof -i), completely ignoring FD name "cluster-fd"
and is backing up "fileset = raid" from "nodea-fd".

Which is great, if not checking FD name is a bug, *please* don't fix it. :)

So all you need is start FDs at boot listening on * and the director
will automagically get the shared filesystem off of the node that
happens to have it mounted.

(Of course the backup will fail if the cluster fails over or the
connection is otherwise disrupted.)
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin