On 10/11/16 08:33, Alberto Brosich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my experience.
> I had strange scsi errors.
> Finally, after months of investigation and headache, I moved the scsi
> controller to another pci slot and then worked all fine.

This happens depressingly regularly if there are PCI bridges involved on
the motherboard (PCIe, PCIx or plain PCI)

A lot of the older ones are flakey under high load.

We had no end of issues with this on systems with PCIe-PCIx bridges and
more recently a 5500 chipset system with 6 PCIe x8 slots in it would
only work if certain devices were in certain slots - and adding a NVMe
drive in any slot resulted in it only seeing 32GB ram of the 96GB installed.