On 08/05/2017 04:08 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> A new client recently first added with 9.0.2 seems to have its maximum
> job concurrency set to 1 despite explicitly setting it to 20:
>
> FileDaemon {
>   Name = asgard-fd
>   FDport = 9102
>   WorkingDirectory = /opt/bacula/var
>   Pid Directory = /var/run
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>   Plugin Directory = /opt/bacula/lib
> }
>
> Did I forget somewhere I need to set that?  The Client resource in
> bacula-dir.conf doesn't need a Maximum Concurrent Jobs directive ...
> does it?

Hi Phil, I have to amend my previous comment.

After showing you what the "status dir" output shows for a job where the FD's
MCJ was the limiting factor, when the job finally failed (after default 10
mins for the SD to wait on the FD), this is what the log showed:

----8<----
07-Aug 22:02 bacula-dir JobId 15737: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with
File daemon at "client-fd.example.com:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or

Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
For help, please see:
http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/en/problems/Bacula_Frequently_Asked_Que.html
07-Aug 22:02 bacula-dir JobId 15737: Fatal error: Network error with FD during
Backup: ERR=Interrupted system call

Notice that one of the possible reasons given for this failed job is:

"Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD"

Which in my test case was the actual cause.

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski