Good afternoon,

We are running Bacula with Postgresql on Solaris and all is fine. I understand the different retetion periods that Bacula handles and so but have a problem.

I wanted to be doing two kind of different backups. I do explain. One of them is the daily backup. The daily backup consists on :

- Monday -> Full backup

- rest of the days -> Inc backup

I keep this backups and catalogs during three weeks but seting the following retention periods :

- File retention = 21 days

- Job retention = 22 days

- Volume retention = 23 days

But now.... is when the second kind of backup comes....

I wanted too, to preserve the following backups too :

- One full backup per month

- One inc backup per week

Keep them for two years. So, obviously I need to set different retention periods for this backup. I have though using a different pool and catalog and using different file, job and volume retention.... but I have

seen that File retention is per client assigned. So I can't set two different file retention for the same client even when I use different catalogs for each backup kind. How would you recommend me to handle this

task with Bacula?.

By the way... I'm interested on being able to restore by file for month to month backups and a restoration should be fast... can't take ages for restoring full backup or for generating a catalog with which later can

restore by file granularity level....

I can say I have a good in resources, buffers and so, Postgresql server... but.... that's all... I needed to be able to restore... without spending too many time in creating catalogs and so....

At present I have been doing some sort of this... but have had to generate a different client for the same machine... in order to use different file retention periods... and wanted to know if exists a better way of achieving

all this... thanks a lot mates....

Any ideas mates?,

Best regards,