Am 20.09.2017 um 13:47 schrieb Josh Fisher:

> Yes. Job attributes, file metadata, etc. that is to be stored in the db,
> are spooled to a file in /var/spool/bacula while the fd is actively
> transmitting data. After data transmission is complete (or if the spool
> file becomes large enough?), Bacula reads the cached metadata from the
> file and updates the db in batch mode. This is used both to speed db
> updates and to prevent constant db updates from slowing down collection
> of the fd's data..

In OpenBSD it appears to be a binary file named
backup in /var/bacula, but the current job's spool file is already about
65MB and counting.

> Because Bacula expects TCP connections to remain connected throughout
> the job. If for some reason the connection is dropped by the fd, or by a
> router or switch in between the fd and dir, then it is seen by dir as a
> dropped connection. There are several ways that the connection might be
> dropped;

I don't think the connection is dropped at all. Can it be that
despooling (=writing to the db) takes too long and bacula considers the
connection broken? That would be a odd behaviour.

Btw I was getting plenty of connection errors before I raised the
Heartbeat Interval directive. They looked different.

Matthias