Hi Heitor,

Thank you for a quick reply.
We have plans of moving Bacula to a dedicated box, new tape drive and install the latest version.
That's unfortunately unlikely to happen before Xmas.

And then did you kill the MySQL thread? Perhaps you should have waited.

I don't know exactly what happened then but my guess is the process was abruptly killed.
This is just a documented story I have inherited from the previous sysadmin.

    In 2016 the service didn't stop working but an email report returned:

    Checking for orphaned Path entries. This may take some time!
    Query failed: SELECT DISTINCT Path.PathId,File.PathId FROM Path LEFT
    OUTER JOIN File ON (Path.PathId=File.PathId) WHERE File.PathId IS
    NULL LIMIT 300000: ERR=Server shutdown in progress

I think the MySQL thread was killed while it was still processing, and then this error was printed <https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=18256>.

Our MySQL is not that ancient, it's 5.5.31.
I think it reached 300k limit and terminated gracefully, not leading to a db corruption.
It was an automated process running over Xmas when the office was empty.
Again - I wasn't present when it happened.

I think this is a dbcheck limit.

Does it mean the only option is throwing this database into a bin?
No workaround really?

Regards
Adam