On Saturday 2017-11-11 12:21:22 Phil Stracchino wrote:
> If implemented at all it should be implemented as an option, because
> there are many kinds of possible admin jobs (and even incremental
> backups) for which it is *perfectly normal* to complete with 0 files/0
> bytes backed up.

If implemented it would have to be implemented only for the jobs of
the type that could have number of files bigger than 0, like backup
and copy job for example.

Or it could be implemented for all the job types and leave the user
to decide whether to use it or not but I don't see the point to fail
the job because of the zero-files if the particular type of job is
always going to have zero files.

I believe that sometimes this feature could be useful if people are
sure that there has to be non-zero files on particular backup jobs
they have defined.
If they start to get false positives it's on them. :-)
Then again sometimes false positive is better than undetected incident.

Of course. the check could be done outside the bacula directly on the
database but then again we could say the same for many features
already implemented into bacula.

--
Josip Deanovic