I am looking to do the very same thing.  So far I cant seem to find scripts
that will actually snapshot the VMs so the "files" can be backed up.  I
have found a few that supposedly do so but they dont seem to work.

:(

What I am doing now is I am going to use the libvirt shutdown script to
shut them down, export /copy them to another mount point and back them up
with bacula and either stop the LVM host or restart the 2 VMs.  (I have 2
projects)