On 30/11/17 15:13, itlinux_igtp wrote:
Dear List,

We've been using Bacula with a quantum i80 dual drive LTO-5 library for a while now, and it has been working great since we deployed a bit more than three years ago. I have to thank the developers for creating and releasing such a great tool. It has been rock solid and improved the speed of our backups considerably and also is way nicer to manage than the previous proprietary solution.

Due to an increase in the data volume we have to backup the current library is not enough so the plan is to upgrade the library for a dual drive LTO-7 one, most likely an HP msl 4048. I was wondering if someone in the list has any experience running Bacula on one of these (good or bad)? I think there shouldn't be any issue, but I rather ask first, just in case :)

All of HP's changers are rebadged Quantum or Overland/Tandberg devices and both makers libraries work fine with bacula (I've used both, and HP-branded stuff too)

However, you could just as easily add LTO7 drives into your i80 (or wait a couple of months and install LTO8) - talk to Quantum and see what they'll charge you to take this option. The design lifespan of the changer itself is _much_ longer than that of the drive

Regards,

IƱaki