On 02/15/2018 05:44 PM, Shawn Rappaport wrote:
> I’m trying to back up my first Windows client (Windows 2012 R2) and getting
> errors (the full log file is below). I’m running Bacula 9.0.6 on CentOS 7.3
> for the Director and SD. I’m running the latest version of the client on the
> Windows host (version 7.4.4). When I try to back up the Windows client, I get
> this:
>
>     15-Feb 14:43 bacclient-px-fd JobId 35: Error: lib/bsock.c:305
> gethostbyname() for host "xbacdirector01-lv" failed: ERR=No such host is
> known.
>     15-Feb 14:43 bacclient-px-fd JobId 35: Fatal error: filed/job.c:2140
> Failed to connect to Storage daemon: xbacdirector01-lv:9103
>     15-Feb 14:43 xbacdirector01-lv.internal.shutterfly.com-dir JobId 35:
> Fatal error: Bad response to Storage command: wanted 2000 OK storage
>     , got 2902 Bad storage

Hi Shawn,

This is a DNS resolution problem.

When the Job starts, the Director will tell the FD to send its backup to the
Storage resource. In this case, the Storage resource in your job is called
"File1"

Take a look in your Director's configuration and find the Storage resource
called "File1"

Edit the "Address = xbacdirector01-lv" line in this Storage resource and set
it to the FQDN, or the IP address of this SD.

Currently it is just a host name, and the Windows server cannot resolve the
hostname "xbacdirector01-lv" to an IP address, so the job will fail because
the FD cannot connect to the SD to send the backup data.

Then, just type "reload" in bconsole for the Director to reload its
configuration, and the job should run OK now - Unless something else (iptables
firewall, TCP Wrappers) on the SD prevents connection from the Windows FD to
this SD.   But we can cross that bridge when we get there. :)

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski