Hello Chris,

Could you tell me if you configured bconsole access via sudo in the
following way:

http://www.bacula.org/9.0.x-manuals/en/console/Baculum_API_Web_GUI_Tools.html#SECTION00344000000000000000

Did you test the sudo from www-data user? In newer Baculum versions in
the install wizard you should see error message that comes directly
from the bconsole execution. What Baculum version do you use?

If you are going to not use sudo, then you need to give the web server
user access both to bconsole binary and to bconsole config file.
Usually this setting is up to the user, I don't have the only one
valid solution here.

Best regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)

On 16 May 2018 at 19:44, Chris Wilkinson <winstonia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a new install of baculum-web on Debian wheezy,  I ran into a permissions
> issue with Apache2 not being able to access bconsole. This shows up as an
> error in the install wizard and in the Web page when attempting any
> operation. Bconsole works fine from the command line, as root/sudo of
> course. Since Apache runs as www-data:www-data, I'm guessing I need to fix
> some permissions. I'm not sure what permissions I need to change so could
> anybody advise?
>
> Many thanks
> Chris

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus