Good morning,

I configured my director with 2 storage daemons (one to disks, one to
tapes) on 2 different machines. They both backup without problems except
that they can't backup up simultaneously. I can have many jobs running on
my disks daemon but never have jobs running on both storage daemons at the
same time. I set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" to 20 for my Director but still
I can't have both storage daemon run jobs simultaneously.

Here are relevant configuration snippets:
Server with autochanger bacula-sd.conf:
Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = superbackup-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  SDAddress = 192.168.0.17
  Comm Compression = yes
}
Autochanger {
  Name = Autochanger
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
#  Changer Device = /dev/sg8
  Changer Device = /dev/tape/by-id/scsi-1IBM_3573-TL_00FRU7800000_LL0
}
Device {
  Name = Drive-1
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Device Type = Tape
#  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Archive Device = /dev/tape/by-id/scsi-1IBM_ULT3580-TD3_1210306523-nst
  AutomaticMount = yes               # when device opened, read it
  RequiresMount = no
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
# Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
# Changer Device = /dev/sg0
  AutoChanger = yes
  Autoselect = yes
  Drive Index = 0
# Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
# Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#
http://www.bacula.org/9.0.x-manuals/en/main/New_Features_in_9_0_0.html#SECTION00303000000000000000
  Alert Command = "/opt/bacula/scripts/tapealert %l"
# If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
# Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
  Maximum Spool Size = 797GB
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 342GB
  Spool Directory = /baculatmp
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
#
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=3554575&sid=d6583bef7be3b1ddd26514cc6b403f86#p3554575
  Maximum Block Size = 1024K
#
http://www.bacula.org/9.0.x-manuals/en/main/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html#SECTION002030000000000000000
  Maximum File Size = 8GB
#
http://www.bacula.org/9.0.x-manuals/en/problems/Testing_Your_Tape_Drive_Wit.html#SECTION00470000000000000000
  Hardware End of Medium = yes
  Fast Forward Space File = yes
}

Server with disks array bacula-sd.conf:
Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = bigzilla-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  SDAddress = 192.168.0.53
  Comm Compression = yes
}
Device {
  Name = FileStorage3
#  Name = File3
  Media Type = File
  Device Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  Maximum Volume Size = 10G
#  Spool Directory = /baculatmp
#  Maximum Spool Size = 170 GB
#  Maximum Job Spool Size = 180 GB
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 3
}

Director's bacula-dir.conf:
Director {                            # define myself
  Name = bigzilla-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  MaximumConsoleConnections = 9
  Password = "passwordhere"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
  DirAddress = bigzilla
  FD Connect Timeout = 180 minutes
  SD Connect Timeout = 60 minutes
}
Storage {
  Name = File3
  Address = 192.168.0.53
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "passwordhere"
  Device = FileStorage3
  Media Type = File
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
  Autochanger = no
  AllowCompression = no
}
Storage {
  Name = TL2000
  Address = 192.168.0.17
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "passwordhere"
  Device = Autochanger
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
  Autochanger = yes
  AllowCompression = no
}

It is a limitation of bacula or problem(s) with my configuration files?
Thanks!

Charles

--
Charles Nadeau Ph.D.