On 2018-09-20 06:09 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
Hello,

The output produced by Bacula seems unusually short.  Normally Bacula displays a reason for the failure.

I recommend trying your label command again, but turn on debug with something link

setdebug level=150 Storage

prior to doing the label command.  It should give you a more detailed reason for
the failure.

It gives me the exact same output. It took the setdebug command but continues to complain when I try to label a new volume. After a reboot I was able to label a volume however. After a while I lose that ability once more.

Meanwhile I am currently getting messages every minute to the effect:
25-Sep 23:36 bacula-dir JobId 3284: Pruning oldest volume "weekly-backup-pool-03" 25-Sep 23:36 bacula-dir JobId 3284: Found no Job associated with the Volume "weekly-backup-pool-03" to  prune
(repeated at 23:37, 23:38, etc.)

This is possibly unrelated but I don't think it should be happening either.