Hello,

You are free to try anything, but it is to your own peril, and we cannot support anything but standard Bacula compile options.

Best regards,
Kern

On 09/24/2018 11:12 AM, George Anchev via Bacula-users wrote:
Hi,

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization explains
that:

-ftree-vectorize is an optimization option (default
at -O3 and -Ofast), which attempts to vectorize
loops using the selected ISA if possible. The reason
it isn't enabled at -O2 is that it doesn't always
improve code, it can make code slower as well, and
usually makes the code larger; it really depends on
the loop etc.
What is the case with Bacula? Would the build benefit
or suffer from using "-O3" instead of "-O2"?

Also: I would like to use a faster machine to create
builds for other slower machines (one of them even
32-bit). Do I need anything more than just finding the
proper "-march" setting for the target CPU?

--
George