Le 08/10/2018 à 16:42, krashoverr...@free.fr a écrit :
Hey there,

What are the best practices to deal with Bacula database size?
Today i have configured my bacula for daily + weekly + monthly backups.
Daily and Weekly pools have a volume retention period of 30 days while Monthly
pool has no volume retention.
Bacula is running from ~1 year, i have ~2.8To to backup, and I guess, because of the
"no retention" policy, my database is now 13Gb.

Considering I have no choice but to keep all my mensual backups, anything I can do to
"extract" these mensual backups from my catalog, while still having the possibility to
restore any of them "as fast as I can" ?

If I purge jobs from catalog, I won't be able to restore a single file/folder
from tapes, but will have to bextract the whole tape and dig inside.
If I create (let's say) yearly catalogs, I will lost my media database every
year.

Any suggestion appreciated!

Thank you,

Thibault

Hello,

Volume retention is related to volume management (space used for volumes)

File and Job Retention are linked to the catalog. You have to check that you don't store Files and Jobs records too much time.HTH.

HTH

Jérôme Blion.