Hi,

Currently I am using Bacula 9.2.2 (06 November 2018)
with MariaDB. In earlier discussions here it was
recommended to use PostgreSQL instead and a link was
shared about a tool which migrates MySQL to PostgreSQL:

https://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/message/36387001/

I have never used and know nothing about PostgreSQL,
so my intention was to:

1. Install necessary PostgreSQL packages
2. Build Bacula using --with-postgresql
3. Learn how to configure and run the PostgreSQL server
4. Use Wanderlei Huttel's script to migrate the catalog
5. Test and upon success switch to PostgreSQL version

Following that plan so far I installed packages (using
openSUSE Leap 15):

postgresql
postgresql-devel
postgresql-server

Strangely I couldn't find anything in /etc which
allows configuration. So I started reading:

https://www.bacula.org/9.2.x-manuals/en/main/Installing_Configuring_Post.html

and I reached the point where I got stuck with:

# nm /usr/lib/libpq.a | grep pthread_mutex_lock
nm: '/usr/lib/libpq.a': No such file

Am I missing something and how should I do all this
please?

--
George