On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, at 09:44, krashoverr...@free.fr wrote:
> My client has 1.3 To to backup, i'm having an LTO4 drive, meaning 800Go
> native, 1.6To compressed, so I've set my pool to have a Maximum Volume
> Bytes to 1600G

800 GB is the real capacity of an LTO-4 cartridge.
The 1,6 TB "compressed capacity" is purely a marketing number based on the
unfounded assumption that your data can be compressed to 50%.
Compression depends heavily on the type of data.
Much redundancy (eg. logfiles) -> much compression
Little redundancy (eg. videos) -> little or no compression

> The fact is, when I run my backup, only ~1.1 To is used on the tape
> before being Full

This confirms that compression is active (otherwise it would be full after 800
GB) and it is probably all you can get out of compression with your data.

--
Tilman Schmidt
til...@imap.cc