Am 23.01.19 um 11:03 schrieb Radosław Korzeniewski:
> Hello,

Hi,

> wt., 22 sty 2019 o 14:39 Stefan Muenkner <stefan.muenk...@uni-saarland.de
> <mailto:stefan.muenk...@uni-saarland.de>> napisał(a):
>
>     (...)
>     Searching for hascache in the rest of the source I found that hascache in
>     the job table seems to be only reset in ".bvfs_clear_cache".
>

> Great!
>

>     >> ....
>     >>       9) Check for orphaned Path records
>     >> ....
>     >> Select function number: 9
>     >> Pruning orphaned Path entries isn't possible when using BVFS.
>     >> ....
>

> So, it seems the message above should be more descriptive and user
> friendly and points to bvfs_clear_cache command.

No I don't think so. As far as I remember the .bvfs_xxx commands are
actually only there to help GUIs interact with the server - I think they
are not meant to be widely used.

It is actually the case that whenever bat (at least my version 7.4.1 here)
is called and you select any job in brestore, it sets hascache=1 for the
respective job (and seemingly some more). Originally I thought the
occasionally crashing bat left those behind, but even if bat is closed
regularly it never clears up the hascache, which I think it should.

I have no idea what consequences it would have to ignore hascache for the
pruning of orphaned paths, but I suspect, that behaviour is there for a
reason. I only made sure, that bat was not running when I used
.bvfs_clear_cache.

> best regards
> --
> Radosław Korzeniewski