Hodges <h...@sloth.uk.net> writes:

> Been thinking about updating my bacula which is 5.2.6 and is running on an
> oldish linux server which runs Debian 8 Jessie on an intel Atom i686
> processor
>
> All the downloads on the website for 9.2.2 are for AMD64 so far as I can
> see, which I guess will not work on my system. Am I right on this? Do I
> have to change my server to run 9.2.2

32bit processors are still supported.

If you're using 5.2.6 you are probably using the packages provided by
Debian. In your case you can upgrade to version 7.4.3 easily by using
jessie backports[1], or upgrade your server to Debian 9 Stretch and then
get the current 9.4.1 from stretch backports.

[1] https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/