> I've tried to figure this out on my own with searches and going through the
> manual and I need some clarification.  I've included the relevant section
> of the bacula-sd.conf file below.  I'm confused because I think this should
> work properly but I am getting the message "is waiting on max Client jobs"
> for all additional jobs that are running after the first.  Every other
> daemon's config has maxes of 20 jobs.

You need to increase "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in the Client resource in
bacula-dir.conf to prevent "is waiting on max Client jobs".  It defaults to 1.

> I also am confused about the spool directive.  The server running bacula
> has 2x 1tb drives in a mirror zfs pool.  I wonder how large I could make
> the spool directives.  It isn't clear to me when I set the spool directives
> in each device section, if they all share "Maximum Spool Size = 100g" or if
> each of the 5 drives will allocate 100gb then using 500gb total of my disk
> space.  if I want to never exceed 80% used space on the zpool and I also
> need 150gb for VMs and also need space for the catalog backing up 12-15tb
> of files, how high should I set the max and job spools?

The "Maximum Spool Size" is the size per spool file, so you will use up to
500GB.

Does your 2 way mirror have enough throughput to feed 5 LTO3 drives
simultaneously (or even 1 drive with 4 other jobs simultaneously writing to
their spool files)?

__Martin