On 4/10/19 12:35 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
I'm having trouble getting virtual full backups working. I feel like I'm missing something basic about how they're supposed to be structured, but I could use help figuring out what it is.

It's also possible I misunderstand the error message -- will it error out if there aren't 30 jobs to consolidate yet? There are previous jobs with this definition, but not 30 of them.

Hello David,

You have that last statement exactly correct. You need at least 30 jobs to consolidate with this "PROGRESSIVE Virtual Full" (PVF) configuration...

However... this "Backups To Keep" is for Progressive Virtual Fulls (PVF). "PVFs" are sort of a "sliding window" of backups that only and always go back to a certain time (like 30 days in the past, for example) in the past.. Where the last/oldest available Full slides forward with each PVF backup.

If you are trying to just do normal "Virtual Fulls", then this option is not what you want, so you should remove it.

Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Bill

--