Hi.

The 2 drive is LTO5.   The tape is LTO5.

S/O     Debian 9 .

mtx -f  /dev/nst0  weof    (OK on Drive 1).
unload,   and load drive1
mtx -f  /dev/nst1  weof    (Result=  read-only).
Same tape

btape and tapeinfo show  same configuration.

.... And  view "interesting"  config  on  WEB Tape.   is:    Drive0 is
Bridge. and  Drive1 is not Bridge.

from the rest I see no difference between the drives. unless at the
hardware level it is already defective.