You're right, I completely forgot about costs. Definitely, using S3
plugin will be much more cheaper than using Amazon Storage Gateway
VTL.

On my scenario, Cloud (S3) is the only place where I could save my
backups, but I fully understand the comparison you made about your on
premises environment.

Thank you all guys