Hello,

pon., 10 lut 2020 o 14:50 Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] <
uthra.r....@nasa.gov> napisał(a):

> I have three Tape drives in the Tape Library. Say for example if two of
> the tape drives are busy running two different jobs from Pool A & B.  If
> two more jobs are waiting to start from Pool C & D

First of all when designing a tape backup in Bacula you should consider
lowering the number of defined Pools to the lowest acceptable level. This
helps avoid resource shortage during the backup window. This is my
recommendation based on multiple deployment experience.

> since only one Tape Drive is available the job from Pool C runs and the
> job from Pool D is still waiting for the Tape Drive and complains “ waiting
> to reserve a device” through email until a Tape drive become available to
> run the job.

I can fully understand that it complains about it as it cannot reserve the
drive and has to wait. Could you explain what is your expected behavior in
this case?

Thanks
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net
          • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
            • ... Radosław Korzeniewski
              • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
                • ... Radosław Korzeniewski
                • ... Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] via Bacula-users
              • ... Kern Sibbald