From: Radosław Korzeniewski <rados...@korzeniewski.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:57 PM
To: Josh Fisher <jfis...@pvct.com>
Cc: Shaligram Bhagat, Yateen (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
<yateen.shaligram_bha...@nokia.com>; bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Issue with concurrent jobs in disk based auto
changer

Hello,

czw., 9 kwi 2020 o 13:20 Josh Fisher
<jfis...@pvct.com<mailto:jfis...@pvct.com>> napisał(a):

On 4/9/2020 4:09 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

wt., 7 kwi 2020 o 14:40 Josh Fisher <jfis...@pvct.com<mailto:jfis...@pvct.com>>
napisał(a):

On 4/7/2020 7:20 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

wt., 7 kwi 2020 o 09:38 Shaligram Bhagat, Yateen (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
<yateen.shaligram_bha...@nokia.com<mailto:yateen.shaligram_bha...@nokia.com>>
napisał(a):
Hi,

The issue is resolved after I increased the number of devices under a
filechanger.
Nevertheless, the suggestion to keep the file server and the bacula-sd on the
same host is good one.

If you are using backup to tape then yes, running a dedicated bacula-sd on file
server is a good recommendation.

Also true if the file server in question is only for the backup volumes.
I assume a "file server" mentioned above is not a server which only holds
backup volume files but a common sense of this term like storing user profiles,
documents, production files, photos, movies, etc.
If the "file server" holds only backup volumes, then I personally do not name
it "file server" but a backup server. Exporting backup volume files used by SD
without a proper operational synchronization is not a good idea. It does not
harm your backups when exported as read-only, but full-access...

OK. Backup server, then.
Great!

The point was to move SD to the host where the backup volume files are stored
to prevent doubling the network traffic required.
Yes, it is a very recommended way to optimize backup paths.

If data is stored on that host as well, then care must be taken to ensure that
the storage that the volume files are written to is isolated, physically and
logically, from the storage that data is written to.
Absolutely. Thanks for clarification then.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net<mailto:rados...@korzeniewski.net>