Hi all,

2 months ago my postgres database got corrupted. As a result I am not able
to dump the database anymore.  All other functionality still worked, only
the backup of the Bacula catalog failed every time.  As I could not fix the
Postgresql issue I decided to reinstall the database from 2 months ago and
then use bscan to scan all tapes since.  Unfortunately when I try to run
bscan it asks me to load a certain tape, however that tape is already
loaded and 'status slots' shows the right tape is available in the jukebox
and loaded in the drive.  bscan just sits there and doesn't seem to be
doing anything.   How can I convince bscan to start reading the tapes?

Bacula version:  9.0.6
OS version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Tape device: Quantum Superload 3 with LTO-6 drive

What I tried:
- dropped the old bacula database, recovered the latest usable database
from tape and installed it
- verified using bat that bacula is still running and I can see all data
(up to 2 months ago ofcourse)
- created a .bsr file containing a list of the volumes I want to scan
- bacula-dir, bacula-sd and bacula-fd are running on the server

when I start bscan as follows:

bscan -s -m -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -v -b bscan-recover.bsr /dev/nst0

It says:

bscan: butil.c:292-0 Using device: "/dev/nst0" for reading.
29-May 13:43 bscan JobId 0: No slot defined in catalog (slot=0) for Volume
"MG3119L6" on "Superloader-Drive" (/dev/nst0).
29-May 13:43 bscan JobId 0: Cartridge change or "update slots" may be
required.

According to the console the tape is available and mounted

*status slots
Automatically selected Storage: Jukebox
Connecting to Storage daemon Jukebox at backup.office:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Superloader" has 8 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon Jukebox at backup.office:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+
+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+

+------+----------------------+-----------+-----------------+--------------------+
|    8 | CLN251L1             | Cleaning  |                 | lto

*mount storage=Jukebox slot=1 drive=0
3001 Device ""Superloader-Drive" (/dev/nst0)" is mounted with Volume
"MG3119L6"

What am I missing?

Nico

--

Nico De Ranter

Operations Engineer

T. +32 16 38 72 10

<http://www.esaturnus.com>
[image: image.jpeg]

<http://www.esaturnus.com>

eSATURNUS
Philipssite 5, D, box 28
3001 Leuven – Belgium

T. +32 16 40 12 82
F. +32 16 40 84 77
www.esaturnus.com

<http://www.esaturnus.com/>

*For Service & Support :*

Support Line Belgium: +32 2 2009897

Support Line International: +44 12 56 68 38 78

Or via email : medical.services...@sony.com