Hi Mr. Kern,

My question was a bit different. I have noticed that Oracle S3 is not compatible, therefore I have implemented Oracle Storage gateway (a docker image that uses local filesystem as a cache and moves the data automatically to oracle cloud). I have this filesystem mounted (nfsv4) on bacula server and I am able to backup data to this storage (and hence in cloud).

I have around 1 TB data daily and I'm a bit concerned about the bandwidth. It will take app. 4 hours to sync to the cloud and I need to count in the future growth. As long as bacula writes data to one file/volume, where it stores full and incremental backups, this is not optimal for the cloud (the file will change and all the data will upload each day). I have noticed that bacula stores data differently in the cloud configuration. Volume is not a file, but a folder with fileparts. This would be better for me, because only some fileparts would change and move to the cloud via Storage gateway. So the question is: Can I configure bacula-sd to store data in fileparts, without actual cloud sync? Is this possible? I have tried several configurations of a bacula-sd device with no luck. Should  I configure some dummy cloud resource?

Kind regards,

Ziga Zvan