On 12/15/20 6:49 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:

What is the fileset definition?

Quite huge, both in terms of size (a full backup is around 400GB) and in terms of lines (more than 40 ZFS datasets).
I'm pasting here the relevant parts:

FileSet {
  Name="Xxxxxx"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      Accurate=yes
    }
    File=/usr/jails/mail/.zfs/snapshot/bacula
    File=/usr/jails/mail/var/spool/imap/.zfs/snapshot/bacula
  }
  Exclude {
  }
}

Perhaps you can track down a minimal set of jobs that trigger the problem by
using the "Select backup for a client before a specified time" option.  Start
with a time just after the end of the Full backup.  Does that restore without
errors?
> If so, then increase the time to include more and more
> Differential/Incremental backups until the problem occurs.

Restoring just the Full backup works without any error.
Same for just the Differential job.
As soon as the restore involves both, the errors are back.

I tried a different pair of Full/Differential and I'm seeing similar errors.

Any other hint from here?

This installation is several years old (although it has been upgraded along the way) and worked properly in the past.
Also, I tried the same on a different server and incurred in no such errors.
What to check?

 bye & Thanks
        av.

P.S.
I'll run another Full this night, wait for a Differential or Incremental subsequent backup and try the restore again.