Hello,

Members of project communities often wonder how they can contribute without
coding.

I have one suggestion: regression testing.

More diversity in OS versions is a goal. At present, only FreeBSD is
consistently represented. That's not enough. Your OS should be there too.With
daily regression testing on a wide variety of operating systems and versions,
changes to code which introduce regressions in behavior can be quickly caught.
Catching them early is key to getting them fixed.

It is not difficult to set up and it run automatically. No special skills
required. If you are running Bacula
now, this is an easy way for you to contribute to the community.

The testing is run as non-root and requires no special privileges. I run my
testing under my own login.

In my setup, I create a dedicated host (in a FreeBSD jail for this) but that is
not required. The resources
required are not great.

Details at
https://www.bacula.org/11.0.x-manuals/en/developers/Bacula_Regression_Testing.html