Hello there,

I have on a client a directory in which are images (jpg) are copied in. Then I do a full backup of it on a tape and 2nd tape. Then the source files will be deleted. That's working fine so far. Next time, new files will copied into the directory from which they are backup appending to the tapes.
The job, client and files set are the same one.

Which type for the following backups should be used? Full, Diff or Inc?
For my understanding, there is no difference because all files to backup are new. Am I right or are there some dark holes I would step in?

The strategy is only a long time archiving on cold data store (LTO-7 tape) of the pictures.

Thanks Frank