On 7/23/21 4:24 PM, pierre.vanderl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran the command $ sudo dnf install bacula-mysql but it returns a error.
> Please see error message below:
>
> []$ sudo dnf install bacula-mysql
>
> Last metadata expiration check: 4:03:44 ago on Fri Jul 23 12:07:58 2021.
>
> Error:
>
>   Problem: conflicting requests
>
>    - nothing provides /bin/dash needed by bacula-mysql-11.0.2-1.el8.x86_64

Hello Pierre,

I would recommend to use version 11.0.5. Several bugs have been fixed and new
features added  since 11.0.2

Additionally, I am not sure if this is the case, but there is an old version of
my baculabackupreport.sh script being
distributed in the community version of Bacula, and I accidentally left
"#!/bin/dash" as the shell at the top of the script
and forgot to change it to "#!/bin/bash"  before posting it.

'dash' is not really required. This script works with bash just fine. I only
developed it with dash to make sure it was POSIX
compliant, and there were no "bashisms" in it.

Again, I do not know if this is the cause of that error, but it looks mighty
suspicious to me. :)

Additionally, please don't use that baculabackupreport.sh script included in
the community version. It is very broken and
limited in its abilities.

I have ported that script to Python and the latest version is always available
on github here:

https://github.com/waa/bacula

Best regards,
Bill