From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 2:44 PM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dynamic fileset and /usr/global

On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 02:07:26PM +0000, Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users wrote:
> On 11/1/21 21:57, Shaligram Bhagat, Yateen (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using Bacula 9.4.4 on Centos.
> >
> > We use dynamic fileset using a script executed on the client.  Also there
> > is a clientRunBeforeJob script.
> >
> > But we found that the dynamic fileset script is executed first and then the
> >  clientRunBeforeJob script.
> >
> > We need to have it the other way round.
> >
> > How to accomplish it ?

A workaround would be to create the fileset in your "RunBeforeJob"
script, this way you could order the tasks around as you need them.

We use a few "dynamic" filesets in our setup too, but they're only dynamic in
as far as they point to static files on the client containing the files and
directories to back up.

These files get created dynamically and are then included in the client's
fileset using the "< /var/tmp/fileset.txt" mechanism.

All the best,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schürkamp | email: <uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net>