On 2021-12-16 3:44 AM, mac-eduki2.co.uk wrote:
Good day
I hope this message finds you all well.

I have been running a small Bacula server with a single disk for a number of years now and it has become a vital part of our small business.

I setup our original server with some help from the community and am very grateful to anyone who freely shares their knowledge.

I am using Debian 9 and Bacula 7.4.4
I have 4 storage drives mounted as backup1-4

What kind of drives? In what kind of chassis?

If I were setting this up from scratch, I'd go with a ZFS raidz-1 on 3 drives and a (large-ish) SSD in the 4th slot for ZFS write cache and job spool. Unless there's 5th disk: system, in which case I'd use an SSD there as well and put ZFS write cache on that instead.

Dima