On 3/6/22 14:39, Alan Polinsky wrote:
If I use mysql -U bacula, I cannot connect to the Bacula database. It seems to be a permission issue, but things were changed with version 10.4 of MariaDB. Can someone suggest a solution?

OK, first:
- Can you log into your database as superuser?
- Can you verify that the 'bacula' user has a password set?
- Can you verify that it is set to what you *think* it is? (Or you could just make sure by CHANGING it to what you think it should be.)
- Is the host part for the 'bacula' user correct?
- Does the 'bacula' user have the correct permissions? (SHOW GRANTS FOR bacula@...)
- Having done all of those, can you log in using 'mysql -u bacula -p' ?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications