On 13/04/2022 09:46, Hector Barrera wrote:
Hello Gentlemen,

I wonder if any of you had a chance to make an IBM LTO8 Tape Drive work with Bacula 11.0.1

Previously we had an IBM LTO7 that worked great, but this new drive is not working as expected, the btape test function throws out an error.

I followed the Bacula chapter: "Testing Your Tape Drive With Bacula"

Here's some information about our setup:

*_Tape Drive:_*

[root@bacula02 tmp]# tapeinfo -f /dev/nst0

   ArchiveDevice = "/dev/tape/by-id/scsi-35000e111cc2d8001-nst"

You are referring to things using different names.

What happens if you change them to be consistent?

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)