Our original backup solution was an orphaned WD software paired with an Ultrium
4 LTO StorageLoader tape drive.  As it was orphaned we got a new Ultrium 7 and,
with the help of this mailing list, got it working with Bacula and now it's our
primary backup solution.  Thank you.

But we want to use the old drive as a backup to the backup.  We installed RHEL
7 (couldn't do 8 or 9 because the Dell 2950's RAID array is no longer
supported) and the PERC 6i SCSI controller is seen in dmesg and created
/dev/sg0, sg1, and sg2.  But it doesn't see the tape drive so sg4 and sg5
aren't created.

Do I need a driver for this?  Is RHEL 7 able to see the drive?

--
Ray Clouse
System Administrator V, MCS Development