Martin, excellent advice. it says at the job info:

level=Data

then under the schedule info:

Run Level=Full
..
Run Level=Incremental
..
Run Level=Incremental

according to the schedule it is Incremental

The precedence of which level is used cannot be derived from the "show job"
alone.
I was assuming that the job level declared within the job or jobdef would be
overriding levels declared elsewhere. The manual albeit explains that the level
declared in the schedule takes precedence. For me this is a bit unfortunate, as
I then need an own set of schedules for backup jobs with runs for Full and
Incremental, and another set for verify jobs with a run for level=Data and
possibly additional runs for other verify levels. considering the number of
schedules I have defined for use this would be a lot.

Do you see a more elegant solution?

I guess it wouldn’t work if I added a run for level=Data to all of my
schedules, as Bacula wouldn’t know how to match the runs with the correct level
to the fitting job type? Or would the Director know that runs with level=Data
only apply to jobs with type=Verify, and levels Full and Incremental apply to
backup, migrate and copy jobs?

Cheers,
 J/C