Hello,

sob., 15 paź 2022 o 08:04 Matlink <matl...@matlink.fr> napisał(a):

> Hello,
> In the context of using cloud storage (with s3 plugin) for bacula volumes,
> how could I ensure that bacula doesn't use more than N bytes of the cloud
> storage?

I think there is no quota (direct or indirect) on a particular Cloud
resource.

> Since the price grows with the data size, it is useful to guarantee that
> one won't have an overpriced bill.
> I've heard that maximum volume bytes has no real meaning in a S3 context.

Well, it has exactly the same meaning as with any other media types. A
single volume does not exceed this limit. You can additionally split this
volume into smaller parts with MaximumPartSize = xxx parameter which is
useful when your S3 provider can't handle larger objects. Then you can use
a limit on the number of volumes in the pool and you will get some kind of
quota on your resources. It is not a quota on Cloud resources you can
expect.

Radek

> Thank you for your help.
> Mat.