On Mon, Nov 7, 2022, at 10:59 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:

>> I'm getting some traceback emails like this:
>>
>> From: root@localhost
>> Subject: Bacula GDB traceback of bacula-dir on bacula.int.example.org
>> Sender: bac...@bacula.int.example.org
>> To: root@localhost
>>
>> There is no 'root@localhost' defined with my bacula-dir configuation.
>>
>> [bacula dan /usr/local/etc/bacula] % sudo grep root@localhost * 0:56:01
>> bacula-dir.conf:#  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped, saved
>> bacula-dir.conf.sample:  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
>> bacula-dir.conf.sample:  operator = root@localhost = mount
>> bacula-dir.conf.sample:  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
>>
>> The above are either comments or .sample - none should be active.
>>
>> Where is this address coming from?
>
> It is the default for dump_email in configure (used in scripts/btraceback.in).

Confirmed, I found it in there. Thank you.

I will probably modify the FreeBSD port to accomomdate local changes to this
script.

While looking around, I found these:

[pkg01 dan ~/ports/head/sysutils/bacula9-server] % grep -r root *
Makefile:               --with-dump-email=root@localhost \
Makefile:               --with-job-email=root@localhost \

Those are configuration arguments for building DIR, SD, and FD. If those are
specified at build time, it might be difficult for users to modify them. I'm
wondering if they are still used or if they are deprecated. Sorry, I can't
search the code just now.

--
  Dan Langille
  d...@langille.org