Hello Marco,

Virtual Full jobs will need at least one device for reading and another
device for writing.

On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 8:12 AM Marco Gaiarin <g...@lilliput.linux.it>
wrote:

> > 'Storage daemon didn't accept Device "FileStorage" command.'?!
>
> OK, i've tried to create another pool, set that pool as 'NextPool', create
> volume but nothing changed.
>
> Still a VirtualFull job is stuck, now with:
>
>  Jobs waiting to reserve a drive:
>     3603 JobId=1890 File device "FileStorage" (/rpool-backup/bacula) is
> busy reading.
>

> I'm definitively stuck also. Probably there's something i don't understand
> with VirtualFull jobs, but... someone can help me?!

This happens if you don't have enough devices free for the Virtual Full to
write.

In addition, you should probably want to limit the amount of devices that
can be reserved for reading. When using copy/migration/virtual full jobs,
it may happen that all devices are selected for reading and no device is
available for writing and you get jobs stuck. To avoid that, it is a good
idea to limit the amount of devices, in the storage, to be used for reading
and guarantee there will be available devices for writing. In the
bacula-dir.conf, file, in the storage definition, you may add:

Maximum Concurrent Read Jobs = X (you can use half of the available devices
in the autochanger for reading)

Hope it helps!
Best,
Ana